Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What lies ahead.

A new job and a new place is as much about staying afloat and finding your zone as it is about prospering. I've been busy and actually haven't been in bakersfield very much past work hours, using a ten ride ticket and escaping to northern California. I have been moving bikes up still, continuing the work of the great importers, moving bikes to where they are in vogue and safe to use. However, I've found a pathway to ride between work, and I feel the very weight of age coming for me. I had a long conversation with an old friend from Riverside, and we both mentioned how much younger we are then the people we work with. That will only last so long, soon we will become older and the feeling of discomfort over where we are in life will intensify.

I've had some other good feelings prop up, I've talked to some friends from Victorville, and I am glad to see people doing well, moved on to other places. I'm putting together my album, having finally been motivated to write music with the absence of a busy non-profit life running my schedule. I miss those meetings and I'm excited to see big things like Occupy Oakland take off from a distance.

What am I doing? Other then biking on sidewalks in gale force winds, and risking my life on dangerous biking trips to change out laundry, I'm sitting during my paperwork phase. Normally I would use this time to travel the country slash world, but I'm saving up time as I do quite have the leash I'd like. Next year I'm hoping to go to Uganda and possibly Denmark, I have to keep conferring with my friends in respective locales, but at the moment, travelling to Davis or LA on the weekend is enough to keep me afloat. I'm building another world above me at work, to keep me company.

I discovered an old tourist photo Vermicelli and I took at the top of the Willis tower, before they changed it's name of course, before the recession. We looked pretty as peaches, and it vividly takes me to a time, about one month before I was to meet Amy. In homage and pure nostalgia, I'll admit I'm thinking alot about the city, especially since I didn't appreciate visiting it at the time. The city is a pretty remarkable achievment, and when I view pictures of the chicago skyline, I shudder to think just how much math is going to go into building my replica. I am going to have trouble anchoring it upsidedown, but so far the hancock center and willis seem to holding directly above me as I type this. Between music and this feat and other things I feel like I'm using this time to reflect on the all the places and things that I have been. It makes me pretty somber, but hopefully it prepares me for what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment